Black & Decker CCS818 18-Volt Cordless Electric Chain Saw Review
If you’re looking for a lightweight chain saw for small jobs around the yard than the Black & Decker CCS818 18-Volt Cordless Electric Chain Saw may be just what you need. It weighs a mere 6.2 pounds and will allow you to easily cut difficult branches. There are many features to this product that make it a necessary addition for the home handyman or woman.
Black & Decker CCS818 18-Volt Cordless Electric Chain Saw
Features of the Black & Decker 18-Volt Cordless Chain Saw:
- 18-Volt battery is included
- 8-inch bar and chain – Replacement chains available
- Cuts up to 150 1½ inch cuts on a single charge
- Automatic chain oiler and on-board oiling window
- Wrap-around handle
- Lock-off switch
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
For small jobs around the yard the 18-volt electric chain saw performs wonderfully. It’s large enough to handle most jobs but still small and light enough to get into those difficult positions. The CCS818 has an automatic oiler and the engine is powered by an 18-volt battery which is included. A single charge of the battery will allow you to make 150 cuts of about 1½ inches each. The wrap-around handle is large enough to provide you with different gripping positions and the grip pad makes sure you stay comfortable while you’re working.
The chain saw features a Lock-Off switch so you don’t have to worry about accidentally starting the machine when you don’t want to. It has a lightweight design and replacement chains are available.
Pros & Cons of the Black & Decker CCS818 Electric Chain Saw:
This Black & Decker chain saw is light enough to be used in difficult situations. If you need to be doing a bit of pruning or clearing of brush the battery should last long enough for you to get the job done. There’s no need to bring out a heavy gas powered chain saw when a small electric saw will do the job. It cuts through both hard and soft wood and will start at the push of a button. Extra batteries are available if you need to do longer jobs.
Customers have noted that the chain saw oil tends to leak. If you are storing it for any length of time than it’s recommended that you have something underneath the oil compartment to prevent any messy clean up. Some users manually oil the chain to prevent any leakage.
What do Customers Say about the Black & Decker Electric Chain Saw:
Most customers think the Electric Chain Saw is great for light jobs and rate it 4.1 out of 5 stars.
- “It starts with the push of a button, is very light and easy to handle and does a great job cutting even hard wood. I purchased an extra battery and with both batteries I am able to cut enough firewood to last about four days.”
- “If you need a light-duty chain saw (to use around the property, not out in the woods by professionals) then buy this! It’s beyond useful and is nicer in-person than what it looks like on the web. I trimmed our 20+ yr old maple tree like it was child’s play. No cords, no gas to store, no problems. I trimmed that tree and several other bushes in the yard, and have yet to recharge the battery for it even once.”
- “This is the perfect tool for women! My sister and I are clearing trails on our farm to ride our horses, and this is perfect. It is lightweight, easy to handle, but does an amazing job cutting through trees as large as 6″-8″ in diameter. We highly recommend it!”
Read more reviews here.
The Black & Decker CCS818 18-Volt Electric Chain Saw is a light chain saw for light jobs. It’s perfect for cutting firewood, pruning or clearing brush and comes with a 2-year warranty.