Black & Decker LCS120 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Chain Saw Review
With the Black & Decker LCS120 20-volt Cordless Chain Saw you no longer have to worry about filling your chain saw up with gas or how long the power cord is… You can take this 20-volt chain saw with you wherever you go. The LCS120 has plenty of power and is easy to operate. It has an eight inch bar and chain and can cut all kinds of wood up to eight inches in diameter. Let’s have a look at some of the great features of the Black & Decker LCS120 Chain Saw below:
Black & Decker LCS120 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Chain Saw
Features of the Black & Decker LCS120 Chain Saw:
- Battery operated – no gas and no power cords
- 8-inch bar and chain
- Comfortable grip pad with multiple gripping positions
- Wrap around handle
- 20-Volt lithium ion battery
- Includes battery charger, wrench and blade cover
One unique feature of the LCS120 Cordless Chain Saw is that the battery is compatible with other Black & Decker tools. This means you don’t need to wait the eight hours for the batteries to fully recharge if you have other Black & Decker tools nearby. You are not limited by the length of an extension cord and the battery lasts up to 150 cuts of 1½ branches. The battery has a significantly reduced weight and the entire chain saw with battery weighs a mere 5.2 pounds.
The wrap around handle lets you cut from a variety of positions so you can find the best grip for each cut you are making. The LCS120 has a Lock-off switch to make it almost impossible to start accidently and new replacement chains are available under the code RC800.
Pros and Cons of the Black & Decker LCS120 Cordless Chain Saw:
What customers love most about the LCS120 chain saw is how light it weighs and how easy it is to use. Not being tethered to a power cord is a great advantage and being just over 5 pounds you’ll find even smaller people or the elderly will be able to use it without any problems.
Buyers have noted that the life of the battery is quite limited. This is to be expected in a small electric saw and is fine for small jobs but if you have any jobs that are going to take you longer than 30 minutes then be prepared to have spare batteries ready or to use a larger saw.
What Customers say about the Black & Decker LCS120 Chain Saw:
The LCS120 generally gets very good reviews with the majority of buyers awarding the chain saw with a perfect 5/5 rating.
- “ We had a late spring, very wet snow that took down many trees and branches. This light-weight chain saw is exactly what I wanted for trimming and clean-up. Easy to use and very powerful for such a small chain saw. I just cut down a 5-6″ thickness tree with no problem. I love not being tethered to a cord. The battery lasts as long as I do so it’s a good match. ”
- “This is the single best purchase ever! This chainsaw works GREAT!
It’s very light weight, and cuts easily. I had a 14″ gas chainsaw and this works just as good. It’s so easy to use even my wife was able to cut a large woody shrub stump below grade by herself.”
- “Great product as well as a great system from Black & Decker. They have multi tools available for the 20v line. The chain saw works great for small jobs. Battery life is great. The best part, if you have more tools from the 20v family, you will have several extra batteries and chargers.”
Read more reviews here.
If you have small pruning or cutting jobs then the Black & Decker LCS120 Cordless Chain Saw is a lightweight and powerful tool to help you get the job done.