Burley D’Lite Bike Trailer Review
There’s nothing better than getting out for a bit of exercise and having a great day with the kids. Some parents feel limited with what they can do because they can’t always carry their kids or take a stroller. With the Burley D’Lite Bike Trailer you can go for a bike ride and take the whole family along. The D’Lite is available in two colors, orange and green, and can hold two children up to 100 lbs.
Burley D’Lite Bike Trailer
Features of the Burley D’Lite Bike Trailer:
- Converts to a jogging stroller or ski unit for the additional conversion kit
- Available with green or orange accents
- Large 20” tires
- Great safety features – roll cage, 5-point harness and parking brake
- Seats children up to 100 pounds
The Burley D’Lite has some great features including a tough aluminum frame with full roll cage to keep your children safe. A five-point safety harness keeps your children securely in the trailer. The seat is designed in a hammock style and uses a seat pad for comfort. The underside of the trailer uses flow-thru mesh for extra ventilation. The sides extend outwards creating additional space inside the trailer. A waterproof cover is included. It can either be left open, closed off entirely to protect from the wind or rain or unzipped to keep a protective mesh in front of your child while allowing air to flow through.
A number of pockets are attached to the D’Lite trailer. There’s two for your children’s helmets, a large pocket in the rear for additional items and kids pockets in the interior of the cabin. The D’Lite uses large 20-inch tires and the fabric is made from 600D polyester. While empty the trailer weighs 28 pounds or 12.7kg.
Pros & Cons of the Burley D’Lite Bike Trailer:
The D’Lite is very easy to assemble and pack away. The children’s seat is padded to help provide for a bump free ride. The trailer is durable and should hold up well even after extensive use. There’s quite a demand for second hand D’Lite trailers so when your child has outgrown it you should be able to recoup most of the purchase cost.
The D’Lite is a little more expensive than a few other brands but you get what you pay for and the D’Lite includes some great features and uses top-quality materials. The seat is not as padded as the higher priced Chariot and has slightly less leg-room but all but the largest kids will still find it comfortable and roomy.
What Parent Say About The Burley D’Lite Bike Trailer:
- “It is a well made very nice product – i have a friend that owns a REALLY old one and it is holding up just fine. This is something that i plan on having for a VERY long time. i wasn’t looking for a bargain, i want the safest trailer out there and that is why i bought a Burley.”
- “I bought a used Burley D’Lite Double from another Amazon user about six months ago and have been completely thrilled with it. It is easy to unfold, fold, attach to your bike, and ride with. The tires are the perfect size — it handles street curbs and bumpy, rocky terrain at fairly high speeds with ease.”
- “We purchased our Burley D’lite about a year ago and we absolutely love it. We use it as a bike trailer and now as a stroller for long walks, amusement parks, zoo trips, etc.. It’s super light in weight, easy to use, and comfortable for our daughter. She loves riding in it!”
Read more reviews here.
The Burley D’Lite is a high-quality bicycle trailer that will keep your kids safe and comfortable on long or short bike riding journeys. It folds flat for easy storage, comes in two unique colors and has UV-protected windows.