Eureka! Copper Canyon 1512 Tent Review
Featuring vertical walls for maximal internal space, this 15-foot x 12-foot freestanding cabin-style tent (Eureka! Copper Canyon 1512 Tent) accommodates up to 12 campers on cots, sleeping bags, or air mattresses. This cabin style tent offers much more usable space than typical dome tent designs.
Eureka! Copper Canyon 1512 Tent
Made of 1200mm, 75D polyester, the tent has nine steel and fiberglass poles that slip into sleeves during setup. Frame clips and ring-and-pin assemblies also facilitate setup. Mesh screens keep out even the smallest insects. It includes bathtub-style floors that wrap up the sides to keep water out; nickel sliders and self-healing zippers; and factory-taped major seams to seal out weather.
The Eureka! Copper Canyon 1512 Tent includes:
- Removable curtain so it can be divided into two rooms as well as being configured as a single room.
- Two D-shaped doors with side flaps permit private entry into each room and have large zippers with covers for durability and rain protection.
- A fly with clear-panel skylights allows stargazing and includes pockets for storing storm guyouts when not in use.
- Six large zippered mesh windows open for airflow and visibility. These close for privacy.
- A port that allows an extension cord to be run into the tent if needed.
- Toggles keep window flaps off the floor and out of the way.
- A hanging gear-loft supplies convenient storage.
- A detachable awning shades the front.
- A sweep-out point facilitates housekeeping.
The Eureka! Copper Canyon 1512 Tent has straight walls. While this may not seem like much, it can be a significant factor when it comes to space. Straight walls offer more head room and allow campers to push cots and gear closer to the walls and out of the way.
StormShield Rainfly and Other Attachments
The 75D StormShield polyester fly features clear panel skylights for stargazing and pockets for storing storm guyouts when not in use. Corner zips on the fly allow for easy attachment of the included awning system. Six large zippered windows open for excellent visibility and airflow and close for privacy. Easy to use toggles keep window flaps off the floor and out of the way! Additional features include steel and fiberglass poles for durability and pole sleeves, frame clips and ring and pin assemblies make set up a snap. Nickel sliders and self-healing zippers will provide years of trouble-free use and factory-taped major seams help to seal out the weather.
Who Says You Have to Go Without Electricity…Not With This Tent!
Special touches like the E! Power Port for an extension cord and a handy sweep-out point make this tent extra friendly for those campers who want some of the conveniences of home. The 9-pole cabin style make up a detachable design that provides shade to the entire front area of the tent.
For providing more even more privacy, the tent also comes with a curtain that divides the tent into two portions. Apart from this, the tent comes with 75D StormShield polyester fly, which provides more air flow and better control on the windows. There are also extra pockets for storing guyouts, when the StormShield is not being used.
A Tent as Big as a Cabin
Imagine a comfortable tent that is as big as 180 square feet. Now gather 12 family members, and go on a camping trip. This tent is as big as a cabin. It even has straights walls so that cots and gear can get out of the center of the room. Clear panel skylights provide you with a brilliant night sky view, and 6 zippered windows allow for air to flow easily. Seal out the weather with factory-taped major seams.
Features & Specifications
- The tent weighs 39 pounds, 8 ounces and has a center height of 7-foot-4
- Floor Size: 15 x 12 feet
- Pack Size: 10 x 28 inches
- Center Height: 7′ 4″
- Tent Area: 180 square feet
- Seasons: 3
- Sleeps: 12
- Doors: 2
- Windows: 6
- Wall and Floor Fabric: 75D polyester taffeta, 1200 mm
- Fly Fabric: 75D StormShield polyester, 1200 mm
- Mesh Fabric: 68D no-see-um
- Frame: 12.65 mm fiberglass and 19.5 mm steel
Some people have complained about the tent stakes that come with this tent as being insufficient. Others recommended a tarp for the floor since the floor is made from the same fabric the tent walls are made from.
Should You Buy the Eureka! Copper Canyon 1512 Tent?
The Eureka! Copper Canyon 1512 Tent is a great large tent. If you’re in the market for a larger tent, this one should certainly be considered. It received 4.5 stars out of 5 based on 65 reviews on Amazon. Most people who buy this tent are very happy with it. Many people cited it was better than they expected. Read more reviews here.