Husqvarna 440E 16-Inch 40.9cc 2-Stoke X-Torq Gas Powered Chain Saw Review
The Husqvarna 440E is a lightweight, all-purpose saw with a gas powered 2 stoke engine and 16-inch bar and chain. Felling trees and delimbing them can be a difficult job even for professionals. Using a heavy commercial chain saw can be dangerous and exhausting. The Husqvarna 440E has enough power for a 16-inch chain and durable enough for large jobs.
Husqvarna 440E 16-Inch 40.9cc 2-Stoke X-Torq Gas Powered Chain Saw
Features of the Husqvarna 440E Chain Saw:
- 16-inch bar and chain
- 40.9cc gas powered motor
- Uses Smart Start for easy operation
- Easy to tighten the chain with the tensioner
- Quick release air filter
- Three piece durable crankshaft
The Husqvarna 440E has a 16-inch bar and chain and is powered by a 40.9cc motor. This is enough juice to get through most trees you’ll find around the yard. One customer says they are able to cut through 32” logs as long as they take it slowly. The filter is easy to clean or replace with the quick release mechanism and the chain can be tensioned easily without needing any tools.
Pros and Cons of the Husqvarna 440E Gas Powered Chain Saw:
The 440E chain saw is great for most jobs around the home. It’s made with strong durable material so should last a long time. The 40.9cc 2 stoke motor is strong enough to turn the chain at speeds high enough to cut through both hard and soft wood. Being able to tighten the chain without needing any additional tools is also a great feature. The chain saw should run for a couple of hours on a full tank of gas.
For delimbing, pruning and cutting logs up to 14” the Husky 440E should work wonderfully. If you regularly cut larger logs or trees you may want to look at something a bit larger such as the Poulan Pro or Husqvarna 460.
What Customers say about the Husqvarna 440E:
Customers from Amazon have nothing bad to say about the Husqvarna 440E and rate this chain saw a 4.8 out of 5 stars.
- “This saw works like a champ. It starts every time, if you follow the directions printed on the saw. I have cut up a bunch of trees around my house with it.”
- “I got this after the recent storm in CT and needed to clear some down trees in my yard. It worked great, minimal vibration and ran strong. Easy to manage. Good for medium-sized jobs with capacity to handle bigger projects within reason. Husqvarna has never let me down. Highly recommended!!”
- “For limbing and logs up to 14″ it works great, and I like the lighter weight. It fits in a medium sized backpack too. You can cut logs up to 32″ if you don’t rush. I keep it performing like a more powerful saw by buying a couple spare chains, and having them professionally sharpened.”
Read more reviews here.
The Husqvarna 440E is a lightweight gas powered chain saw for medium sized jobs. It’s easy to use and can quickly cut through logs up to 14 inches in diameter.