Makita UC4030A Commercial-Grade 16-Inch 15 amp Electric Chain Saw with Tool-Less Blade And Chain Adjustments Review
The Makita UC4030A is a commercial-grade electric chain saw. It can be used for a whole range of jobs from cutting down trees and delimbing them, to pruning or cutting logs for firewood. This chain saw is a powerful tool and produced by Makita who have over 85 years of experience designing electric motors. Makita make a range of tools for professional and residential users. This chain saw is great for those who need to do some work around the house or cut down small to medium sized trees.
Makita UC4030A Commercial-Grade 16-Inch 15 amp Electric Chain Saw with Tool-Less Blade And Chain Adjustments
Features of the Makita UC4030A Chain Saw:
- 16-inch bar and chain
- Current limiter to protect motor from burnout
- Tool less chain adjustment
- Ergonomically designed handles with rubberized grip pads
- Large oil reservoir with window display
The Makita 16-inch electric chain saw has a built-in current limiter. When the chain saw is overloaded the limiter will reduce the power to the motor in order to avoid a burnout. It comes with a large trigger switch and starts up smoothly to avoid the chance of any kickbacks. The handles are rubberized for maximum comfort and are ergonomically designed to keep you cutting without getting fatigued.
Like many electric chain saws the UC4030A has a one-touch system to adjust the bar and chain. No tools are required to tension the chain, which must be done periodically between cuts.
There is a large oil reservoir that will automatically oil the chain while you are cutting. You can see how much oil is left by looking through the viewing window. The commercial-grade bar and chain has a length of 16 inches while the motor operates at 15 amps.
Pros and Cons of the Makita UC4030A Chain Saw:
The built in current limiter will keep the chain saw working when other chain saws would have burnt out or been destroyed. If the motor stalls for any reason the power is cut to the motor, preventing a burnout.
The UC4030A chain saw eats through most wood like butter. Customers say that it has a strong motor that keeps on cutting even if pressure is applied. The anti-kickback feature is very handy and will give you added confidence when you are cutting.
The Makita UC4030A is a residential chain saw. If you need something to fell huge trees out in the woods you’ll need a large gas powered chain saw. For jobs around the home, though, this is a great addition to your garage.
What Customers say about the Makita 16-Inch Electric Chain Saw:
The Makita UC4030A receives and average customer satisfaction rating of 4.3 stars.
- “I read all the reviews on the UC4000, which is the older model of this saw, and saw nothing but awesome reviews. Close to 5 stars with over 50 reviews.
So I went ahead and purchased this saw, and boy am I glad I did. This saw cuts through wood like a knife through hot butter. It was effortless how easily this saw cut through a 8 inch diameter tree branch, this is one mean saw.”
- “I made about 50 cuts on logs ranging from 6 inches to 15 inches. The last cut was as good as the first. Cutting 15 inch birch is a good test for this saw and it ate it right up. Harder woods were even easier to cut.”
- “I was able to easily cut through green wood, dried wood, as well as ripping knotty firewood that defied my attempts at splitting it with a maul. All with the added benefit of not having to remove my smelly clothes and head immediately to the shower after using it!”
Read more reviews here.
The Makita UC4030A is great for cutting firewood logs or doing other jobs around the home. It’s a powerful chain saw with a strong motor and many additional safety features. You can buy it now from Amazon with free shipping.