Nathan Speed 2 Waistpack with Two 10-Ounce Nutrition Flasks Review
The Nathan Speed 2 Waist Pack with Two 10 Ounce Nutrition Flasks is an ideal way to get hydration and nutrition whilst you are out running. You simply fill one flask with water (or your favorite sports drink) and the other flask with energy gel for the perfect one-two combination. The belt comes in four different sizes; small (between 26 inch and 32 inch waist), medium (between 32 inch and 36 inch waist), large (between 36 inch and 42 inch waist) and extra-large (between 42 inch and 48 inch waist). It also comes in a choice of seven different colors; black, blue, estate blue, grey, orange, pink and royal.
Nathan Speed 2 Waistpack with Two 10-Ounce Nutrition Flasks
- Integrated waterproof I.D. and medical emergency card.
- Limited-stretch, elasticized Velcro-fastened waist belt.
- Two 10 ounce nutrition flasks with molded holsters and slip resistant silicon grips.
- Power Stretch mesh pocket with an interior flat pocket.
- Waterproof pill pocket.
1) Front Facing Bottles:- One big advantage the Nathan Speed 2 Waist Pack with Two 10 Ounce Nutrition Flasks has over other similar products is the position of the bottles. Many waist packs on the market have the bottles at the back. The problem with this is that reaching behind your back while running can throw you off balance and affect your form. The Nathan Speed 2 Waist Pack with Two 10 Ounce Nutrition Flasks addresses this issue by placing the bottles at the front where they can be easily accessed as you run without affecting your balance or form.
2) Quick Release Bottles:- Another fantastic feature of the Nathan Speed 2 Waist Pack with Two 10 Ounce Nutrition Flasks is the ease at which the bottles can be released. Many waist packs hold the bottles in with an elastic band. While this design does keep the bottles secure, it also makes releasing them quite difficult as you have to use two hands to grab the bottle and unhook the elastic band. When you are running at pace, this is the last thing you want to be doing and it can have a negative impact on your run. The Nathan Speed 2 Waist Pack with Two 10 Ounce Nutrition Flasks features a much simpler design where the bottles are securely held in place using slip resistant silicon grips. This means you can quickly grab the bottles, take a drink and secure them back in place using just one hand.
3) Spacious Mesh Pocket:- A further useful feature of the Nathan Speed 2 Waist Pack with Two 10 Ounce Nutrition Flasks is the spacious mesh pocket at the front. This pocket provides you with plenty of space to store your phone, your keys, some money and even a small amount of food as you run. It’s also split into two compartments which means you can keep your keys and your phone separate and protect your phone screen from scratches.
4) Stable:- Unlike some waist packs on the market, the Nathan Speed 2 Waist Pack with Two 10 Ounce Nutrition Flasks is very stable. It doesn’t bounce or move as you run, even if the bottles and front pouch are full. This is particularly useful on longer runs as you don’t have to worry about the waist pack coming loose or clattering against your legs.
1) Not Suitable For Longer Runs:- The Nathan Speed 2 Waist Pack with Two 10 Ounce Nutrition Flasks is a great way to stay hydrated on runs that are 10 miles are less. However, if you plan to run for longer than this, you’re probably going to need more than 20 ounces of water and this waist pack won’t be suitable for you unless there are plenty of refill stations along the way.
Overall, the Nathan Speed 2 Waist Pack with Two 10 Ounce Nutrition Flasks is a great accessory for short to medium length runs. The 20 ounce capacity provides you with just the right amount of water for a 10 mile run or just the right amount of nutrition gel and water for a 5 mile run. The front facing, quick release bottles also make it extremely easy to use while you are running and the front pouch gives you some much needed storage space for your essentials.
If you are planning to run more than 10 miles on a regular basis, this waist pack is probably not the right product for you and you’ll want to look at something with a larger capacity such as the Nathan Endurance Race Vest. However, if you’re sticking to shorter runs, the Nathan Speed 2 Waist Pack with Two 10 Ounce Nutrition Flasks is a good choice and one that will serve you well. Read more reviews here.