Shun Premier Santoku Knife Review
The Shun Premier Santoku Knife is a must have for bot experienced and amateur chefs. It is the perfect tool to have in your kitchen and in your arsenal. It finds its roots in a city known being the most important samurai sword manufacturer in the world. It is built by using special techniques handed down from generation to generation. It has a special design that drastically reduces drag and releases food from the blade immediately. It is perfectly balanced and looks amazing. It is comfortable to hold and handle and it will hardly necessitate sharpening.
Shun Premier Santoku Knife, 7-Inch
The handle is made out of a special type of wood that gets its resistance from the impregnated resin. It will not deteriorate because of moisture and it is highly resistant to shock and high or low temperatures.
- The blade boasts a 16-degree angle which makes these the sharpest knives out of the box. This knife is sharper than any traditional European blade, because of the fact that they are usually sharpened to 20 to 22 degrees angles
- It is constructed out of 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side in order to make it stronger and more flexible. This metal is corrosion-resistant and easy to maintain making your investment last a lot longer than other similar products
- This knife comes with a Damascus styling feature that adds to the beauty of the knife and at the same time the microscopic air pockets created by the cladding process reduces friction during slicing
- The hammered finish, or “Tsuchime,” acts as hollow ground cavities, and reduces drag on every cut regardless the food you choose to slice
- It has a comfortable oblong handle that provides extra control, keeping the knife secure in the hand during use. This is a very important feature considering the fact that this knife is as sharp as they come.
- The Pakkawood handles are made out of resin-impregnated hardwood and are are NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens
- This knife is produced in Seki City, Japan, which is the capital of samurai sword manufacturing
- It has a Rockwell hardness rating of 60-61 that ensures that it takes and holds its incredibly sharp edge longer
- Hand wash and dry are recommended in order to keep the knife safe from any damage
- It comes with limited lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 0.8 x 1.8 inches
- Product ID: TDM0702
- Cutting angle: 16 degrees per side
Unique and durable
This knife has a blade core that consists of high carbon VG-10. This is a specific type of Japanese super steel recognized for its edge retention. It will allow the knives to hold their sharp edges for years and it will have the same precision every time you use it.
What users love about the Shun Premier Santoku Knife, 7-Inch?
Users consider this a five star product. They love the price and feel they hit the jackpot with this knife. All customers that came in contact with the Shun Premier Santoku Knife say it is perfectly balanced and that the attention to details and the quality levels that come with it are over the top. Read more reviews here.